I've been slacking on this very bad, because while the last entry shows the starter and alternator getting repainted, the truth of the matter is the entire engine is installed, hooked up and wired and ready to start. I've been busy concentrating on that this winter so I can do the first fire up while it's too cold to do much body work. But I'll talk about that later.
Speaking of body work...
Since this summer is when I will be painting it, it is always a good idea to do a test install of any bolt-on mouldings before you actually have your paint on the car. I did the test fit of the mouldings that go around the tail light panel. Mine were reproductions as I didn't have the originals. They are stainless steel, pretty thin and flimsy so you need to be careful, but near perfect fit and over all good quality. Since I'll be using their link, I'll give a shout out to my primary Mustang parts supplier, CJ Pony Parts, which is where I purchased these mouldings (and everything else for this car for that matter). They have frequent sales, free shipping on almost everything except freight, and all my experiences with their customer service have been overwhelmingly positive.
Because I already did a write up for their site on how to install the trunk deck and quarter extension mouldings, I will link you to it here