Friday, February 5, 2010

This will be an epic post






Because it's about a truly epic event. I have my new motor...specifically a remanufactured 302 long block built by S&J engines (www.hiperformer.com) in Spokane, WA to my specifications with my requested parts.

The block is a 5.0L 302 late model block (1985) as this is the year when the blocks were set up for roller cam from the factory. Everything was balanced and blueprinted. I also shipped them my harmonic balancer and flexplate so they could balance these with the rest of the engine as I intend to reuse them. I dropped shipped them an Edelbrock Performer Plus roller camshaft and Performer True Roller Double Roller timing chain required to go with the cam. Pistons are Sealed Power/Federal Mogul hypereutectics. Heads are Ford GT40 heads (from late model 5.0 Mustang Cobras) with 3 angle valve seat cuts, bronze valve guides, and Scorpion aluminum roller rockers. All internal parts (bearings, rods, lifters, pushrods, valves, springs, etc) are new except for the crank which is fine polished.



Long block has a 7 yr/70,000 mile warranty and was $2399 shipped.

I'll top it off with an aluminum Weiand Stealth intake, my Holley 600 CFM carb, and exhaust it with some ceramic Tri-y headers flowing into 2.5" aluminized pipe with an H pipe, and high flow mufflers. But that is for a later time.


No comments:

Post a Comment